Job description – Pet Shop Supervisor
Several positions have arisen within an expanding pet and grooming supplies shop. Both full and part time. These are exciting opportunities for someone with enthusiasm and energy! A good knowledge of animals and retail management experience is essential.
- Attractive salary and bonus scheme for the right person.
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times and going ‘the extra mile’ when required
- Advising and promoting products to customers in person or via the telephone
- Leading by example by demonstrating a hands-on approach to motivate and train the team.
- Identifying any improvements needed to drive sales.
- Key holding responsibilities, opening and closing of the store.
- Plan & assign work rotas
- Processing cash and card transactions, cash up and banking duties
- Identifying, researching & purchasing new products ranges
- Develop & organize shop events.
- Maintaining high general housekeeping standards, and a fully stocked organised store.
- Creating new seasonal promotions in store and website.
- Attend & Support various shows & events.
Essential skills required:
- A confident, positive, and helpful attitude
- Strong customer focus with a desire to genuinely get to know our customers and their pets, building strong relationships.
- Leadership and management qualities
- Unrivalled passion for animals
- Strong team focus with the ability to motivate others.
- Effective Communicator with strong commercial awareness
- The ability to confidently handle cash and card payments.
- A thirst for continued training including product knowledge, pet welfare policies and professional development.
- The drive and determination to work equally well as part of a team and under own initiative.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00-£10.00 per hour
Full COVID 19 Risk Assessment adhered to